6 months down

Well, we are six months into 2017 - I can't believe it!

Zach has finished his sophomore year. I've started saving for all those "senior things" because I know that will be here before I know it. He did very well and I'm proud of him for taking on brick and mortar after so many years of homeschooling. That kid is pretty awesome.

Some of my most recent crochet projects:



A temperature blanket for here in SC.
This is only part of it - I think part of April and May.

A temperature blanket for my niece and her wife.
This one is for the first year they were married.
Currently it is a very late anniversary present (and not done!) 
Something for me - a shawl

Something else for me - a wrap
It's hard to tell but this yarn is metallic
(so it's pretty sparkly!)

My first attempt at a crochet sun hat
It turned out too big!!


Another thing I've been doing since mid April is virtual challenges/races. I found a site called Yes.Fit and I really love it! I've completed three challenges since I started:

Amsterdam - 15.4 miles

Mt. Etna - 27.6 miles

Memorial Day 2017 - 27.9 miles
Currently I'm working on Kruger National Park (117 miles).

I also found a couple other  sites Will Run for Bling - where I'm working on the 100 Days of Summer 200 Mile Challenge (16.8 miles done so far!); and Moon Joggers where I have signed up for a few races: 4 for the 4th of July; Total Eclipse of the Sun Run; and Ugly Sweater 5K (or 10K - I have until December to decide).

Let's just be clear here - I don't run any of these things. It's all walking. Most days I walk with a good friend of mine, and some days I walk with Zach. Sometimes it's just me and my music =) but I'm excited to earn the medals and not have to accomplish stuff with lightening speed. Because let's face it folks, lightening speed is not my thing!!

I may work up the courage to do a live 5K sometime soon. 

So, that's it for now. Be good to each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

Embrace the Camera 12.30.10