What Have I Been Doing?

From August to December. Once again I have to get better about doing this! It's not like I haven't been doing anything though!

First, Zach is rocking Sophomore year. He did go back to brick and mortar school this year. His grades have been great and he seems to have adjusted very well. I'm learning how to be a morning person again - it's hard!

I've been trying to be crafty and creative these last few months. These things are usually fails because my mom's creative gene skipped me completely 😔. I guess it is what it is, you know what I mean? That hasn't stopped me from trying though!! Here are some things I've done in the last few months.

Painting! I've taken three classes at a local place called Sip n Gogh. It is really fun, and honestly, they make it hard to screw things up! 

This is my painting of Swan Lake. A local attraction.


Channeling my inner Van Gogh


I made this one for my niece! I painted it in
the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew.



I've not limited myself to painting either. Nope - I'm also teaching myself how to crochet. This one can be particularly frustrating sometimes. I've tried my hand at several things. Some turn out good and others are just a mess. But I refuse to give up! I will get the hang of it!!

The first thing I tried was a soap saver. I found the pattern at The Painted Hinge and thought "I can do that". And I did - here is the result.



But, Zach found this one didn't lather well and was too scratchy. So I made one out of cotton. It wasn't scratchy, but still didn't lather enough. Then I made one out of this scrubby type yarn. Good lather, but a little scratchy. *sigh* So, I'm still trying to figure out how to make these work for us.

I also wanted to make a blanket. So, I found this pattern and decided to give it a go. I chose to do it in variegated yarn though, instead of switching colors. I believe I will never make anything that has squares that need to be put together ever again. This has turned into such a mess. Right now I'm still sewing all these squares together and none of them are the same size. 




So to cure some frustration I decided to try a Christmas hat! Yep, I sure did. And it came out pretty good. Not perfect - but good. I made it green because that is Zach's preferred color. Now I've also stared a red one for Erik. I hope I can get it done by Christmas!!





I also cured a little bit of frustration by making some not really square granny squares. They say these are easy but mine always end up wonky and weird. Erik and I are using them as coasters, after all, I did only make two!


This picture is sideways.
Yeah, I don't know how to fix that.

And because I'm a glutton for making non square squares, I also tried a dishcloth. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this pattern from, so I apologize for not linking it. 



So there you go - what I've been doing the last few months!! Stay tuned to see what else I can confuse myself with!!

Until next time, een fijne dag verder! 





Comments

  1. Good job, you! Way to do it because you love it. Art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder! And your swans are awesome.

    Also, don't forget to check out www.ravelry.com! If you only use it for the pattern database it's still a wonderful thing, but it's soooooo much more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have definitely poked around ravelry! I get lost in that site for hours!!

      Delete
  2. Me wants a hat. By next Christmas is fine, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hopefully I will be much quicker by then :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

Embrace the Camera 12.30.10