{October Already?}

This year has flown by. I can't believe it's already October. It's been an interesting last few weeks though.

Two weeks ago I had to have an emergency appendectomy. My very first surgery ever. Crazy that I've made it this long and still had all my parts! You know everyone wants one of these sexy hats =)



What struck me as weird was that the way they show it in the movies is how it really happens. You are counting down and the next thing you know you're awake and they are asking you your name, doctors name, date, etc. I always thought that crap was fake.

Since it's October it's also one of my favorite times of the year - Pumpkin Spice Time (yes, it's capitalized around here)! So I had to try my hand at some pumpkin spice soap. I used pumpkin ale (which we thought would taste good, but doesn't) instead of water in my newly developed recipe.

I had to let it sit out for a couple days to go flat first.



It always looks gross when your start.


The pumpkin ale made it a beautiful color though.

It came out kind of brown - and I didn't bang 
those Pringles cans hard enough when I put the soap in.
It looks sketchy but the smell is incredible! 


When the soaping bug hits though - it hits big time. I bought a sample pack of different melt and pour bases and they were calling my name. I'm still not sure how I feel about melt and pour - it's very easy, but it's not really fun watching it progress from weird globs of oil to something you made yourself. I digress though - I took some white base and some aloe base and decided I was going to do a swirl as I poured. It didn't quite turn out the way I had pictured it in my head but after scenting it with some Crisp Anjou Pear it smells great and hey, it cleans!


No Pringles cans for these
I actually have a mold that makes bars!

It kind of looks like a mountain in there.
Not a swirl, but still kind of cool.

Now, if the weather would just become more Fall-ish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!