{The Art of (mis)Communication}

It happens to anyone who actually speaks with another person. Something is said and either misunderstood or misheard. If this has never happened to you raise your hand. That's what I thought, nary a hand in the air.

Erik and I are pretty good about communicating. I learned very early in our relationship to choose my battles wisely. That's why I'm learning more about soccer, football, and NASCAR than I ever wanted to know! It's not a big deal to me. I like to save my battles for flooring, or vacations. Big things =)

So, the other day when we had the following conversation it cracked me up so much (and now I'm forcing the probably not-as-funny-as-I-think story on you!).

Me - "We're having roast and potatoes for dinner."
Erik - "That's all?"

This is one of his favorite meals. I'm confused. How could this not be enough? After over 20 years together he's got to know I'm not going to cook up a five course meal, right? Right? "He's got to be pulling my leg," I think. So I try again.

"Roast and potatoes, I thought you liked them."
"But what else are you serving?"

Hmm super confused because this is literally the last meal in the house. What else could he possibly want? I don't want to argue about dinner because after all, he's getting what I make anyway. Know what I mean?

Back in the kitchen I go with all these random thoughts going through my head before I realize what really happened.

"We're having roasted potatoes for dinner." That's what he heard.
Mystery solved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!