{Myrtle Beach & Firetrucks}


We don't go to Myrtle Beach nearly enough. We live close enough, it's just that our lives were consumed with AF junk, and Scouting junk so we never had the free time to go. Truth is - this wasn't free time for Erik either. He attended the South Carolina Firefighters Conference (or something like that) for work. His job paid for the hotel room and Zach and I were told we could tag along. So we did. A tank of gas and some food for a night at MB? Um, yes please.

Friday morning, bright and early (for me and the boy - we're night owls) we headed up to Myrtle. Got there in plenty time for Erik to hit the booth for his shop. Zach and I wandered for a little while, but lets face it - Erik is the Firetruck (yes, we capitalize Firetruck in this house) guy. But we support him and let's face it a business trip to the beach rather than the sandbox is awesome!

Here are some shots of what Heaven looks like to my husband:







Here's what Zach and I do while Erik is enjoying his Firetruck Heaven:



The hotel was nice. Zach and I were bored, so I found Starbucks and hit it up for a Mocha Frap and a bottle of water. Zach clumsy moment #1 - he mis-stepped coming down the stairs, fell a couple steps, hit his head on the metal handrail. Normal Zach walking down steps thing. Except we're in a hotel filled with first responders. Yep, what could have been handled with a couple quiet moments on the stairs by me turned into an overwhelming amount of help. I'm ashamed to admit but I was embarrassed. He does that all the time - he acts like he's dying every time - he just needs to be calmed down. He doesn't need an icepack or x-rays. Props though - those guys were quick and caring. Rock on first responders!

Zach and I decided to go swimming, which led to moment two: Scraping the tops of his toes on the bottom of the pool. Yes, we weren't that close to the beach so we just hit the hotel pool. Either it was more shallow than usual or it's been a long time since he's been in a pool. Thankfully all the first responders were in classes so I got to handle that one on my own!

Later, in the room we were all chillin' before we headed to Boardwalk at the Beach. Zach got up off the bed and smacked his shoulder on one of the decorative prints hanging on the wall. Yep, you guessed it - he knocked it off the wall. At least it didn't break! I was thinking about wrapping him in bubble wrap before we left the room though! Overall, Friday was pretty eventful.

Saturday, Zach and I went 'Minotaur' golfing at a place some guy named Steven (who has a You Tube Channel) golfed at. Yes, that's the course I had to find out of all the courses in MB. There are hundreds, believe me! But I did find it, and later Zach said we played the wrong set of holes (there were two choices) he still had a good time and thought it was cool that he played mini golf where someone he considers 'famous' once played. I'm glad sometimes the little things still make him happy!






A quick but fun trip to the beach city. Next year Zach and I will probably go stay longer so we can actually go to the beach!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!