~Wrapping up 7th Grade~

Well, the end of 7th grade is almost here. We have about 15 days left in our school year and we've been pushing forward with our state studies and some side trips. I wrote a quick post about our May trips on my other blog. Just good family fun. Something we definitely don't do enough.

I think our year has been a success. History is always a struggle, but once we started focusing solely on states things went much better. We've also finished (completely finished) our math for 7th. Today we started working on our 8th grade math. If I can keep not so little man focused we should be working on Algebra in no time!

We still struggle with writing. I know it's a skill he desperately needs but I'm at a loss when it comes to teaching it. We've been working paragraphs only for a while, but he needs to be writing papers at this point. Sadly, he's like me - his mind jumps from one subject to the next - so while he starts off great he gets the wandering off topic bug by the second paragraph. It's the same thing I always get beat up on when I write papers too, so it's hard for me to stop it from happening.

Sadly, no egg drop project pictures. Unless you want to see the unfinished project taking up space on my table =)

I had tried to 'project' a schedule for next year, 6 weeks on/1 week off, but hubby brought up doing 15 days a month each month. For some reason this resonated with the boy. So, it looks like this will be the schedule we're trying out next year. For me it makes no difference, either way we're schooling year round and just pushing forward with the things we're learning. Moving up when we finish a level or staying the same when we don't.

Sadly, now that I think actual grades (9th, 10th) are more necessary I'm moving away from them. I know he'll get all the credits he needs to graduate HS and move onto whatever his chosen career path is - I'm much less concerned about numbers now though. It's just more important to me that he's prepared for the world. A valid feeling, just a smidge too late.

Coming in June - another family day trip. This one not so much fun for hubster as it's a working trip for him. The boy and I are going to have a great time though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!