{March 23, 1996}

It snowed on our wedding day. I made the guys wear peach cummerbunds and bow ties. Except my soon to be husband and dad - they wore white and black respectively.

My soon to be arrived on location before I did. Good thing too since apparently bows had not been changed to the correct color (um, peach) and since I really was being a big ol' witch (but with a b) it would have been very bad for the lady who was supposed to change them.

I also made my sisters wear shorter heels (or no heels) so I would be the tallest one in all the pictures of us girls. Yep, I said witch - remember?

We had more people in our wedding than at our wedding. I requested chocolate cake with (yep, you guessed it) peach flowers.

I was 28; Erik was 23. For some reason my MIL thought I was younger. Much younger. I don't know why - I never lied about my age. I knew I was robbing the cradle!

One week after our ceremony I left my man in AZ and headed back to Germany, where I was stationed at the time.

18 years ago. Wow! The time has gone by so fast - and at a snails pace. Too much time spent apart. Too much time spent together. Not enough time spent together. Old careers ended. New careers started. And started again. Growing roots in a place you never even considered 18 years ago.

Life has been good - and the best part is I've been getting to share them with my wonderful husband. My best friend. Happy Anniversary to us!

Comments

  1. WOW....I can't believe it has been 18 yrs....it so doesn't feel that long ago. Happy Anniversary to you guys....Love you tons, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time just zooms by lately. You're so lucky our printer is broken and I can't scan pictures - I wanted to load up all the pictures from the wedding day! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!