{Book Review} Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins


Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really like this series - too bad I wait too long in between books that sometimes I have to search my memory for what happened before!

In a world in love with vampires, werewolves, and zombies I've always been partial to witches and warlocks. Maybe because I grew up watching Bewitched? This is a YA book, but the writing is still good. The storyline has a lot of twists, which I enjoy in any book, and the ending left me wishing I had the third book on my shelf so I could find out what happens next! I haven't felt that way about a series since I lost a whole weekend to The Hunger Games Trilogy.

In this book, Sophie heads to England to spend the summer with her father. There she learns a lot about her history, and the history of The Eye, which is trying to eliminate all people with power of any kind. An old time custom leaves Sophie betrothed to someone she likes, but does not love. I told you - angsty teenage stuff!

Overall though I really did enjoy this book and I'm going to hunt for the third one.



View all my reviews






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!