{Review} Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)


Written By: Jenny Lawson

Narrated By: Jenny Lawson (AKA The Bloggress)

What it's about: Internet star Jenny Lawson, aka The Bloggess, makes her literary debut, and narrates this audio version.

Jenny Lawson realized that the most mortifying moments of our lives - the ones we'd like to pretend never happened - are in fact the ones that define us. In Let's Pretend This Never Happened, Lawson takes readers on a hilarious journey recalling her bizarre upbringing in rural Texas, her devastatingly awkward high school years, and her relationship with her long-suffering husband, Victor.

What I thought: I really enjoyed listening to this book. Jenny's homey Texas twang is fun to listen to and some of her memories will make you bust out laughing. Which is a good thing - unless you're listening while shopping (which I do), and then it just gets you some stares from semi frightened people! When I got done I sometimes replayed (in my head) some of her statements in a British accent. Also hysterical, by the way!

There are serious parts too - I can totally identify with some of her anxieties. Knowing that someone out there, that grew up completely different than I did, deals with some of 'my' problems is awesome. It also may explain why we both are sarcastic! :)

Although I'm not sure, the print version might have pictures (if it does let me know - I would love to see some of them!), but it's a good listen. I really enjoyed the time I spent with The Blogress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!