{Mother's Day}

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom has been gone for almost 7 years, and I still miss her a lot ~ but it feels like it gets easier every year.

If you watch any TV you know what Mom "wants" this year. Chocolate diamonds, a new car, flowers, blah blah blah. Well, as a mom I know what I want - and believe me, it's none of those things the commercials are touting as what will make mom happy.

I barely wear jewelry, not even my wedding rings {gasp!}. I have a van that I love. My husband knows not to waste any money on flowers {a lesson I taught him early in our relationship!}. So, what does this mama want?

I'd really like to not cook dinner OR do dishes for the day. But, I scared my husband away from doing dishes by rearranging all his hard work too many times! So I will end up doing dishes (and probably cooking dinner too - who goes out to eat on Mother's Day? Imagine the crowds, ugh). I can't say "nothing" because that's not an appropriate answer in this house =)

So I asked for my van to be washed and detailed ;) yep - fingers crossed....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!