{Memorial Day 2013}

It was an eventful Memorial Day weekend this year. I tried not to be too sad and snotty because my dad's birthday is the 26th and my sisters is the 27th. I miss them both dearly.

We started the weekend bright and early Saturday morning - with our Scouts, placing flags on the graves of our local veterans. We had one of our best turn outs that I can remember. I love the fact that we get to teach these young men {and boys} the true meaning of this holiday and what freedom really costs.



To make this weekend even more awesome, our small slice of South Carolina was honored to host the Traveling Wall. Even in small scale it was heart stopping, one day I hope we make it to D.C. to see it full scale. What another great opportunity for teaching history up close.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

It's Tuesday!!

Embrace the Camera 12.30.10