Really Starting to Freak

This week my husband is in TAP class. No, not the dancing kind (although that would be an instant hit on You Tube!), but the getting out of the military kind. I think it stands for Transition Assistance Processing, I'm not sure though. Someone out there can help me out with that one.

And this one week class (four days, really) has got me freaking out so bad. My husband heads out with a laptop carrier in civilian clothes - which of course had to be bought because really - why would you have business casual just hanging out in your closet when you wear a uniform every day?

So he heads off in these spiffy clothes and I see what's coming up. This will be our life. No more combat boots. No more name tag across the front of his shirt. No more hat wearing. My honey will be retired. And I'm happy because I know he won't have to go to some nasty war torn place anymore, but I'm scared because this has been our life since we've been married. Well, since before we got married. Actually, it's been our life all our lives since we're brats. And now what happens? What's next? Why is my freak factor growing bigger every day? Most of all, why do I feel like vomiting every time we discuss this?

I don't know the answer to any of those questions. I don't even know if there's a point to this post. I do know I feel better now (at least for a little while!).

I also know that some of you, my readers, may have been through the whole military retirement thing. If you have do you have any advice for making my freak out factor less?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!