Getting it Together Again

It's been a long time. There's been a ton of stuff going on. It's been a hard few months. Quick recap -

My dad passed. Not ready to talk about that, moving on...

I fell short of my required progress for last term. Now I'm on academic probation. I've never been on academic probation - ever. It's nerve wracking. It makes me feel like such a loser. But, at least the VA will cover this terms tuition but I've got to keep it together for sure now. No more crawling into bed for days at a time and just wanting to never get out again.

After a terrible year at school for Zach, I struggled for months about homeschooling again. I decided to go ahead and do it. Surprisingly there was no argument from Erik. I just explained we needed to make him academically competitive with students outside of South Carolina. So far it's been working well. We sit across the table from each other and work on our schoolwork. Plus my science whiz has helped me with my Science class. Yep - my sixth grader knows more science than I do!

We have gone back to our eclectic curriculum. After spending mega bucks figuring out what worked (and didn't) it was easy to decide what we needed to make his year a success. Our biggest move forward was starting him in 7th grade science! I'm proud of him that he's ready for a higher grade and I know he's going to do fantastic!

Finally, my bloggy bestie isn't going to be blogging too much anymore. That makes me sad - but she did finally land her dream job of having her own classroom! That makes me so happy - and I know she's happy and thrilled with the new direction that she worked so hard to achieve! Have a great year Mrs. Mall (future teacher of the year!)

Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!