Watch Out Middle School!

It's official, Zach is a 6th grader. Well, after about three more days of school. Tomorrow he goes on the 5th grade tour of his new middle school, then a couple days next week, and elementary school is behind us. *sigh*  Do you think it was easier when it was Jr. High and parents got to hang on to elementary school for one more year?

I knew it was coming. I just can't believe it's arrived. And I always get a heads up. My bloggy bestie's oldest is one grade ahead of Zach, so when she says "an official 7th grader" I know I have an official 6th grader on deck. The time still goes so fast. But, I'm not here to have my eyes start sweating again - nope I'm here to tell you what a fabulous year Zach ended up having.

To say it was a tough year would be the understatement of the year. At one point I even thought about holding him back in 5th. But after conferences with the counselor, principal, and his teachers it was decided that would be, well, a dumb move.

So this year ends with my awesome son earning:

Accelerated Reader Super Reader AND Advanced Reader
A/B Honor Roll 4th Quarter
A/B Average for the year

I'm so super proud! And he can no longer tell me he hates reading! When will he learn that eventually moms find out everything? =)

The promotion ceremony was awesome blossom. They sang, my eyes sweated, it was one of those happy/sad moments all moms (and dads) have. One I know I'll never forget.

Processional

This is why I think he's too little for middle school!
Someday my silly boy will realize what a catch this one is!

Singing their song I heard ceaselessly for three weeks

Yep, officially a 6th grader!




Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!