I'm Still "OK....For Now"

God knows I love my son. I can't imagine a better person to have in my life. I can't imagine loving anyone more than I love him. Like most mothers I would do anything that I could for him.

So, I've been trying to step away. He'll be in 6th grade next year, and we all know he's at the weird age where they love you, but don't really want you hanging around. It's hard for me. He's always preferred me over anyone else.

This week and next week I'm working at his school book fair. So, I'm in his school, but I've not gone down to the cafeteria to have lunch with him at all. This was something I would have done in 4th grade, or even during the fall book fair, but as I said, I'm trying.

Today, we are on our way home and he says "Mom, you're in the school, but you don't come down and have lunch with me. Why?"

Well honey, because I figured you wouldn't want me really hanging around with you in front of your friends. Because you're in 5th grade now.

Well, I'm still ok with you having lunch with me. For now. Probably not next year, but for 5th I think it's still ok.

Be still my heart - my 'ok' time is running down, but for now it's still there.

Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!