Friday, February 17, 2012

11 Years

It's been 11 years since I first held you in my arms
 So very tiny

my miracle
the baby I was never supposed to be able to have

I don't know where the time went
it's gone so quickly

now as you enter that world of 'tween' 
that weird place where I now have the power to embarrass you

and it matters how my hair looks
and if I'm dropping you off in my PJ's
(which I always am)

and I think

"What happened to that little boy
the one who just wanted me there?"

and I also think
"What can I do to embarrass you more?"

but mostly I think
"I really love you"
and I'm amazed at the person you're becoming

almost (but not quite)
my little man

Happy Birthday Zach!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!