Slow and Steady....

As you may know I've been working on the Couch to 5K (C25K) for about the last month. Sadly so far I'm still on week two - but I know I have to get credit for being persistent and trying ~ right?

My goal is to run my first 5K on October 8th. Since the plan is only supposed to take nine weeks I thought I gave myself plenty of time to train and get ready. Now I'm not so sure. On days like today when I was out there just *struggling* in a bad way I kept thinking "how am I going to get this done?" Then I remembered

"Slow and steady wins the race"

OK, so I'm guessing I won't be actually winning the 5K, but it's still winning if you go out and do your level best.

I tell my son that all the time - I'm not sure why I forgot it applies to everyone.

On the weight loss front - slow and steady is working there too. I'm not going to embarrass myself and tell you how much I weigh - but I will tell you that I've lost 3 pounds since I started tracking (about two weeks ago). Perfect if you ask me!

All in all, I'm trying to stay positive about both endeavors, but sometimes it's very hard to keep focused and motivated.

Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!