Week 1 Day 2

After a moment of not being able to move yesterday, I knew I had to keep plugging along. So today I did the next day (which is the same as day one). I ran the first four intervals, walked 5 through 7, and ran 8. Yay! that makes one more running interval than last time! I also managed to do two miles in 2 less minutes. Believe me, my time is not stellar, but I'm proud of that too.

After I did the two miles for the C25K I walked one more mile. So today I actually did three miles. It took me almost an hour (58 minutes - I was walking pretty slow by the end!).  Now I know, a 5K is 3.1 miles - but the route I walk (around my neighborhood) is actually 1.1 miles - so I figure if I can do a decent time around here I should be fine come October.

Some things I learned today - it doesn't matter if you get out there at 8 AM or 10 AM (like I did Monday) it's still stinking hot!! Don't let the older man who's been walking for about a year get you down. Someday I'll be able to do what he does! And most importantly, when you think you can't - try anyway. I would have never ran that last interval if I hadn't said "just try it" to myself!

I just need to figure out what to do on the days I'm not doing the program. Like yoga or pilates or something. Suggestions?


Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!