Honoring Our Fallen

Saturday we went out with our Cub Scout Pack, the Boy Scout Troop, a bunch of Veteran's and Active Duty to honor our fallen heros for Memorial Day.

Our small service was to place flags on the graves. Regrettably, I forgot to take pictures of the actual flag placing - I was immersed in looking for graves and making sure the boys were being respectful. I believe I can say we did not forget any of our fallen.

I did take some pictures while we were getting instructions - this was just part of the group that showed up. There were a lot of people and we covered many of the cemeteries in Sumter County. It made me feel proud to know that people still cared.






I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day and took at least a few minutes to remember why we celebrate this holiday.


Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!