MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #39

Time to meet up with other MilSpouse bloggers and learn more about each other. Hosted by Wife of a Sailor, it's time for the Friday Fill-In.

Here are this weeks questions:

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together

Yes, but it was me. I did go to Iceland knowing that we would be able to pick a follow on. We wanted to come back to the east coast, so that's how we worked that. Was it worth it? Sure, we spend so much time apart anyway, why not get something out of it?

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today

Um, I don't know if I have a favorite thing. We haven't moved or anything since I retired, so my friends are the friends I had when I was active duty. Oh I've got it - my favorite thing is I don't have to put up with the work stuff like hubby still does! The AF is changing so much it seems like every day there is a new rule. That would drive me right up the freakin' wall.

3. If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you?  submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.

Nope. We are together because of the military. It's not always been an easy life, but it's our life and I wouldn't change a thing.

4. What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife

Both times we had to do a remote we moved right after, so the homecoming was this - pack and drive across the country. Just 'welcome home - the packers will be here tomorrow'! Actually I think it worked out well that way - we were starting over in a new place, with new routines, so it was much easier to get used to living together again.

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something?  submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s


Erik and I had a deal - he picked the boys name and I picked the girls. Well, since we only had a boy I guess I missed out - Heather Persephone would have been a great name!  So Erik picked Zachary (I wanted Hunter Jacob - also a great name!) but we couldn't think of a middle name. We had it down to 4 or 5 that we liked but couldn't agree on - so we put all the names we liked in a hat and drew for Zach's middle name. That's how he became Zachary Adam. Oh and his initials actually kind of spell his name ~ ZAC ~ we obviously didn't plan that! Also Adam was my grandfathers middle name that's why it made the final hat cut.




Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!