MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #38

Oh my goodness, two weeks in a row! I must be on a roll here. Time to get to know some of the most awesome people on earth - MilSpouses! This lovely hop is hosted by Wife of a Sailor.



Before I start answering questions though I just want to say I think this is awesome. MilSpouses are pretty much the same no matter what branch they are married to. Granted, each service has it's own quirks but that doesn't stop us from standing together as the "home front force".


1. How many pets do you have? And what type? submitted by Life and Times of a Displaced Jersey Girl 

Ok, so currently we have no pets. This is the first time in years though. The boy and I are trying desperately to talk Erik into a dog - the boy needs a dog - but alas, he's standing firm on his "no" - for now.

2. What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away? submitted by my-inspired-nest

Honestly, I'm not I project doer.  I always think I will, but I never do.  I usually just think of projects I want done then give the list to Erik when he gets home.

3.  What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages?  submitted by Christine’s Little Blog

It depends on what he asks for and what season it is. I usually put some kind of letter or project from the boy, whatever Erik has asked for, and then some seasonal Little Debbies. Yes, you can never have enough Little Debbies in the AOR!


4.  If you could star in any TV show, which would it be? submitted by Just a Girl 


I would LOVE to be on The Amazing Race. Or Big Brother. I probably wouldn't last too long on Big Brother - too much drama and I'm not good at that - but I think I could kick some butt on the Amazing Race.  If we are talking non-reality then I'd have to say Bones - I bet they have a blast on the set.


5.  What was the biggest hurdle that you faced during your/your significant other’s first deployment? submitted by The Pavlik Perspective


I was still active duty the first time Erik deployed - and we didn't have the boy - so I just worked like a mad woman. The first deployment AFTER he retired though - I guess it was trying to get used to being at home with only a 7 year old 24/7.  I didn't ever have that time alone to think or just veg.  I missed adult conversation! I guess my biggest hurdle was learning it was ok to reach out and just talk to people.




Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!