Weekly Wrap Up

Before I share the few, sad pictures I took this week I wanted to share this story...

Today after class I had an advisement appointment.  It went well, I planned out my schedule for fall, and got a definite when I should take the PRAXIS I. It was all good and I walked away with a plan - which I need.  After that I went to Zach's school to help with the book fair.  I love the book fair - I spend way too much money - but I like helping at the school.  Being around the kids really gives me a feel for what it will probably be like when I'm a teacher.  Today was crazy completely insane.

First there was an "Intruder Alert Drill".  I've never even heard of these - anyone else?  Hmm so it goes like this - "There's an intruder" so the kids scrunch down into the corners (or behind book shelves) in case someone comes in with a gun and starts shooting.  OMG really?  Really?  I can't even think about that right now.  I have way too much to say.  Immediately after (I mean so close after we still were hiding) there's a fire drill.  OK I can get behind a fire drill.  I understand a fire drill.  These kids were so bad - running and screaming and oh Lord - I couldn't believe it.  The whole thing made me think back to my appointment less than an hour before and wonder why when asked "Are you still majoring in Elementary Education?", I said "Yes".  I feel better now.

Now for the few pictures from this week.

Last month my baby turned 10.  We gave him a BB gun.  I'm going to be honest - I wasn't sold on the idea.  Zach is not a outdoorsy kid.  I think he would be if he had kids to play with, but he doesn't.  Again, that's another time.  Turns out the kid is a natural.  He's a really good shot.  So I had to take some pictures of his gunmanship!


















Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

  1. Wow, he is pretty good LOL!

    My dad was a teacher and retired a few years back. I wanted to go into elementary ed when I was in college, but changed my major after the first year. I just am not cut out to be in front of people and actually teach in large groups..and...well...I can't handle other peoples kids LOL!

    THe thought of kids having to go through an "intruder alert" drill freaks me out and it makes me sad that this is what our world has come to. If my kids didn't annoy me so much, I would totally homeschool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of an intruder drill either--surprising, crazy times I guess. Maybe they should let your son bring his BB gun to school.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he is pretty good LOL!

    My dad was a teacher and retired a few years back. I wanted to go into elementary ed when I was in college, but changed my major after the first year. I just am not cut out to be in front of people and actually teach in large groups..and...well...I can't handle other peoples kids LOL!

    THe thought of kids having to go through an "intruder alert" drill freaks me out and it makes me sad that this is what our world has come to. If my kids didn't annoy me so much, I would totally homeschool :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!