~Remembering~

I woke up and just lay there for a minute.  Even though my eyes had just opened I was already on edge.  Rolling over I looked up at the skylight above my bed.


"Daddy, is it snowing?"


I hear a long sigh and an ever so quiet "Damn it" before I get an answer - "Yes Krissy, it is."


Those were the first few minutes of my day 15 years ago.  My wedding day - the day I married my awesome man.

From the beginning our marriage was, well, different. We got married in Salt Lake City (even though neither are from there), and we had less than a week together before he had to go back to Arizona and I had to go back to Germany. We didn't even start living together until November that year.

We've had a lot of separations over the years. But we've had an awesome life together. We've seen some amazing (and not so amazing!) places. We have the most wonderful son in the whole world. We have built and continue to build a great life.

I don't have any pictures to share from that day. They all have to be scanned and that's just something I haven't gotten around to yet. Maybe next year...


Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

  1. I'm still crying :)

    Happy Anniversary to two of the most amazing people I have EVER met!!!! I know having it on a weekday is lame (LOL) but, I also that know you guys had an awesome day well just because you are you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!