Military Spouse Survey

I found this little survey on Moore To Love.  As it happens in the blog world she found it someplace else.  I thought it would be fun so I decided to do it too.

1. How long have you been a military wife?  Hubby and I will be married for 15 years later this month.  As far as being a military wife that's not active duty 3 years.

2. What branch of service is your husband?  Air Force

3. Active/Reserve? Active

4. What is his job? Fire Truck Mechanic

5. How many deployments have you gone through? Wow, really? Honestly, I don't know the answer - a whole lot :-)

6. ACU's or Class A's on your man? Have you seen the AF Blues?  ABU's all the way.

7. What do you like about being a military wife?  Um, this is hard - I would love being married to my husband even if wasn't in the military.  I think it's cool when people thank him for serving our country.

8. Do you live on base?  Nope.  We bought our house when we moved here.

9.  What is your favorite base so far?  Personally I liked Fairchild - but not because of the base - I just fell in love with Spokane.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?  The hours he works.  Even when he's here he's usually at work for so long that I forget he's not deployed!

11.  Do you go to the grocery store or commissary?  Our commissary is lame but I usually go there anyway.  If I can't get something there I will go to Bi-Lo or Food Lion.  They are expensive but worth not going into WalMart.

12. Do you work or stay at home? Currently I'm enrolled in school - but I get paid to go, so I guess that's my job!

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends? In town, no - only one. But I have a lot of friends all over the world who are military wives.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?  Our BX is tiny and doesn't have too much.  I go there if I know they have what I need.  I try to avoid WalMart at all costs so I guess my answer is none of these.  Too bad we don't have a Target in town!!

15. How did your husband propose?  The old fashioned way - on one knee with a rose and a ring.

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?  After since we met while I was TDY to his base!

17. How long have you been together?  Since May 1994.  So almost 17 years...

18. Any kids?  Yep, one boy - he turned 10 last month

19. Any kids yet to come?  For now no - but we have been talking about adopting.  Not a baby though - I'm through with babies!!

20. Is your husband one of those "Am I soldier hear me 'HOOAH' kind of guys? Not really.  If he was in the Army he would be though - he was very 'hooah' when he was doing convoy with the 1st Cav

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?  I'm not sure what these are - but once when we were both deployed we had to take cover from incoming together.  Does that count?

22. How many bases have you lived at?  Counting only the bases we've been stationed at together 4 but we both did a remote too.

23. If you could change one thing about the military?  I could go on and on about the things I don't like, but over all we've had a pretty good life so I don't know that I'd change anything.

24. Do you like military balls?  The AF does lame balls - if he was in the Corps we would probably go every year.  They know how to do it!!

25. Where does your family live?  My dad lives in Michigan and my sister (and nieces/nephews/greats) live in AZ.  I also have a niece in UT.  His family lives in SC and OH.

26. What do you do for a job?  Collect my retirement check and go to school.

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?  Yes, when I was active duty and an airmen I told our neighbor she was acting like a bitch.  Well, she was!

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.  Stay up way too late and eat crappy food.

29. Do you think other wives do that too?  Probably - it's kind of fun to be scheduleless!


Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!