Science and School

Remember Zach's Science Project?  Yep, he got a 98 on it!  I'm so proud of him!

Progress reports come out on Friday - I am sincerely hoping he's doing better in ELA.  After all the struggles I had writing my paper I believe I might have to be less demanding in the writing department.  That crap is hard!  Look, I thought I did a shit hot job and only got a 50 on my first draft.

Speaking of English - today I didn't get my final paper back, but I did get my peer reviews back.  I got a 99!  Since first drafts and peer reviews both count for 10% of my grade, I consider myself even again.  At least until I get that paper back!  What this proves - writing is hard - picking apart someones paper is easy.  Kidding, I actually had a hard time picking apart their papers, but you know, you gotta do what you gotta do.  Hopefully Friday we will get our papers back (fingers crossed!).

Math is, well, math.  Absolute value's kicked my butt.  So hard.  For the first time I got below a 80 on a quiz.  I guess that 100 helps even that cause out!  We have a test coming up on the 24th - please let me do better than last time.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my advisor for Summer and Fall semester.  I think I'm going to take one 5 week class (end of May to end of June) then take July off.  Then I'll start back in August with the 16 week semester again.  Even mom needs a break!  Can you believe it, I'm thinking about taking Math!  I figured why not, I have three more to take, may as well knock them out!

And now for a HUGE favor ~ does anyone know a non fiction, non reference book that depicts prison life?  Actually two.  Our next paper is a comparison between The Shawshank Redemption (movie version) and other sources about prison life.  If anyone has any suggestions I'll take them!


Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!