My Dream Place to Live

Wow!  Where do I start with this one?  You'd think I could just say "oh I've always wanted to live ____" but I can't.  I'm a Navy brat with no roots, so I don't feel obligated to go someplace.  Which, by the way, is wonderful!  When I joined the AF I started looking at every place we lived as a possible "retirement" place.

I would like to live in Phoenix, AZ.  Not because I adore 120 degree heat (even if it's dry - ahem).  But I do adore my little nieces and nephews (and their mommy's and daddy's who are also my nieces and nephews and sister!!)  I've not met 4 out of the 8 kiddos at all and the last time I saw one was when he was about a week old at my older sisters funeral.  So we'll say 5 out of 8.  Also, I would love to live in AZ when the decide to secede from the USofA.  Don't think it will happen?  I wouldn't doubt if it does!  But if/when it does, I want to be where they are so I can see them without getting a passport and stuff.

Besides, see how beautiful this shot is?  Yeah, I could live there again.




My dream place outside the US is Iceland.  I was lucky enough to be stationed there for a mere three months before they closed the base.  I could learn the language for this view every day:




And for another chance to dip myself into the volcanic springs

Yeah, that's not me!


Ahhh

Until next time ~ Kris

Comments

  1. Holy Crap! I didnt even know they had an AF base in Iceland... to bad its closed...Id have hubby add it to our dream sheet ASAP! It looks beautiful there, beautiful enough where Id learn the language too! AZ looks pretty awesome as well, what kind of rocks are those? They look really interesting... like they were wind/water swept over the years? Kinda like the grand canyon? Oh someday I'll make it out west...well past Oklahoma LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad - I don't know where those rocks are but when everyone thinks Arizona they always think barren desert - and it's not like that everywhere!! I wish they hadn't closed Iceland either, my hubby and son never got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bad - I don't know where those rocks are but when everyone thinks Arizona they always think barren desert - and it's not like that everywhere!! I wish they hadn't closed Iceland either, my hubby and son never got to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!