Resolutions? Nope. Goals? Sure.

2011 is officially here.  Every year people make resolutions.  I don't do that - I know I'm not going to keep them.  I'm just not that focused, know what I mean?  So this year I decided to make some goals.

 #1 - not to gain any more weight.  My weight has been going up ever since I retired, so this year I'm going to try to stay at my current weight all year.  If I lose any *bonus*!

#2 - to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I believe that 98% of people wonder "what can this person do for me?" when they meet you.  Cynical?  You bet - that's what 20 years in the military will do to you.  But there are that 2% that genuinely want to meet you or hear what you have to say.  I'm going to start out by thinking everyone is in that 2%. 

#3 - I will not bad mouth the teachers or education system in front of my son.  Although I do not agree with giving kids only a week to master a new math concept or inventive spelling (thanks Clayton at  Tantrums, Troubles, and Treasures for that word!).  Instead I will work on real spelling and equivalent fractions with Zach at home and realize that his teachers are all excellent, but hampered by the State of South Carolina and their educational policies.

#4 - I will pick a color for the living room and paint it.  I will also paint the upstairs bathroom.

#5 - I will learn to say no.  Not in the "no, we can't afford that" way, which sadly I'm very good at.  More in the "Can you be the Tiger Den Leader?" or "Can you watch my kids?" way.  Honestly, I do have a life - even if I'm planning on spending the day hanging out in the library - that's MY time.  I need to start taking it back.

# 6 - I will not change my blog layout or background every other day.  My goal is to keep it the same for one month.  That's going to be HARD!

# 7 - I will convince every blog I follow to get connected to Networked Blogs.  I'm selfish, I want to check all my blogs when I roll onto FB.  Honestly, it's just easier for me.  So go do it!  LOL

I think that's it.

Have a happy, safe, and wonderful 2011

and that's life on planet caddick

This post is part of the Bloggy Moms 2011 Dare
a mom blog community

Comments

  1. Hi found you on Bloggy Moms and I'm following you on NetwrkFB blogs and google frd connect. I'm looking forward reading your blogs in 2011 and I love your "too do" list...and especially about giving people the benefit of the doubt. That sometimes can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! I need new goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi found you on Bloggy Moms and I'm following you on NetwrkFB blogs and google frd connect. I'm looking forward reading your blogs in 2011 and I love your "too do" list...and especially about giving people the benefit of the doubt. That sometimes can be tough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!