20 Months

Seems like a long time, doesn't it?
It's just a little less than two years.
And yet, when put in this context it takes on a whole new meaning
Honey, I'm dropping my retirement paperwork in September.”

I know he's dropping his paperwork a year out.
I know he's sincerely fed up with what “his” Air Force has become.
I know exactly how he's feeling
because I felt the same way
and every day I see (or hear about) some “new rule”
I'm glad I'm no longer a part of that mess

But on a personal level
I'm glad he's still a part of that mess
because, you see, I've never known any other way of life

I've always been military
I grew up in the Navy
I served in the Air Force
I'm a proud Air Force Wife
and even though I carry two ID cards
one that's mine (and blue)
one that's 'his' (and pinkish – kinda)
the thought of having an ID card without that “AD” next to it
makes me want to throw up – literally

and I don't think it's because I'm afraid of losing the steady paycheck
well, that's part of it
but it's because I'm losing a part of myself
the part that has always, in some way, been a part of the military

and that's scary

20 months – such a short time for such a big change



 and that's life on planet caddick

a mom blog community

Comments

  1. Thanks for serving our Country. May God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Bloggy Moms - Glad you joined - Love you Blog! Looking forward to your visit @ www.havingfunsaving.blogspot.com
    I am following you on NB and GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!