~2010~ Out

So, as I looked over my first post of this year I realized how much has changed and not changed  No longer homeschooling, and still looking for a church would be the two most noticeable things
 
When my dearest asked me yesterday why I've been so cranky lately, I was at a loss coming up with something, but I finally did - I have no purpose 

Now, before anyone starts getting all freaked out and calling 911 on me let me explain...hopefully it won't take too long (yeah, no promises)

I've been retired from the AF now for almost three years  The first two years I homeschooled Zach - which gave me a purpose  Educating your child, what greater purpose is there than that? I spent my days (and most of my nights) looking for curriculum, planning projects and field trips, and making lesson plans  

I'm not going to lie - the first few months he was in school were pure bliss  Time to myself, shopping sans child, and don't get me wrong, I still enjoy those things  But lets face it, he was getting old enough to leave at home for shopping trips anyway....

If you had asked me when I was younger (or even older!) what I wanted to be when I grew up I would have said a teacher  I loved school and while I had some teachers I could have lived my whole life not knowing, I also had teachers who touched me, sparked my desire to learn and do my best, teachers I still remember, even all these years later 

On January 6th I go to student orientation a registration  I'm planning on enrolling in classes to work towards a bachelors degree in elementary education  I never wanted a second career, and God knows the public education system in America is jacked up  Jacked up super bad  And I know I, as one person, can't change it but if I can reach one child and leave a lasting impression on them, like Mrs. Long and Ms. Johnston did for me then it will be worth it

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Forest E. Witcraft

My apologies for being a Debbie Downer tonight

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and great 2011


and that's life on planet caddick

Comments

  1. I'm an over 40'blogger, too! Good to meet another. I admire you homeschooling, that takes a lot of patience but I imagine is extremely rewarding.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!