The Week That Was....

Annoying

Honestly, I mean that in the best way possible. But let's face it, there are times when you get nothing accomplished yet feel like you've been running around like a chicken with your head chopped off. That was my week...

I did get registered for school but am now at a standstill while I wait for all my transcripts to arrive. What does that mean? I probably won't be able to start school until March. Annoying!

We are trying to get t-shirts made for our Cub Scouts. It's not a complicated design. It's not rocket science either unless you live in Sumter. So, I had to go back to the place, with another copy of the design (in black and white this time because the color copy was too confusing) and we still are without shirts. And they will probably be the wrong color because now they are working off a black and white design. Super Annoying.

Zach's school is really starting to piss me off. First he gets this blurb about what they will be learning in math this week:















Which probably wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't in 4th grade and I hadn't covered this stuff two years ago when we were homeschooling. Then I send a note to his science teacher to get a copy of the schedule of Earth Club. See, those got sent home last Wednesday, but Zach was sick so we didn't get one. She sends a note back that says they don't have any left. Really? I mean really? Did you not print out enough for each member? Since he didn't get one, shouldn't there be at least one copy left? Seems simple enough to me (just sayin'). Super-de-duper Annoying.

And the final blow that pushed me over the top this week. This little number I pulled out of Zach's school folder yesterday. It's his science test from last week













My son is bright. And I'm not just saying that because I'm his mom (ok, well maybe a little) PLUS he's learning about the water cycle (another 2nd grade homeschooling topic). And we all know he's not a speller. But his teacher has the words up on the wall because let's face it, even adults have trouble spelling 'Qualitative Observation' and 'Meteorologist'. So, he shouldn't have had any points taken off for spelling. He especially shouldn't be bringing home a 'D' because of spelling (which I told him was an F - because I'm a hard ass and anything less than a 'B' is an 'F' in my book) especially when the words are ON THE WALL.

So after I rant at him for a while about how it's not acceptable and all the other stuff stated above the boy looks at me and says "The words are printed at the top of the page. I was trying to spell them without looking to keep it more interesting." Sure enough they were










and now I feel this big for being such a jerk about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!