A Quick Update

Well, I thought I'd kill some time as I wait for Shannon to post her Embrace the Camera pictures for the week! I love that she does that - it's awesome to see the fabulous family she and Jay have created.


It's been CRAZY this past week. Everything should be settling down into some semblance normal again very soon. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but as normal as we can get it around here!

I worked the school bookfair almost every day, which was fun (although, I shouldn't be allowed to work around books - too tempting!), and now almost every child at Cherryvale recognizes me as either "Mrs. Caddick" or (mostly) "Zach's Mom"! I don't mind at all - overall, I guess that's what I was shooting for anyway!

I volunteered to 'help' get the boxtops and soup labels together because they have to be mailed in next week. Two things I didn't realize - how many there would be and how few volunteers there are! Counting me there is one. It's a tedious, mind numbing task, but I know it's worth it - the school really needs all the help it can get.

Halloween is approaching. Zach has decided he wants to be Adam Savage this year. Just in case you don't know who that is - he's the Mythbuster who doesn't wear the beret. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Mythbusters is his favorite show! I've worked hard at piecing together a Adam-like costume. All the bits and pieces should be arriving soon. Fingers crossed that it turns out - although I'm pretty sure he'll have to explain who he is anyway!

School is chugging along. Zach joined the choir. They will be performing at the Festival of Lights at Swan Lake plus a Winter Show at school. He's very excited. Report cards come out next week. I'm so super nervous about that. How is he doing? Did I screw him up by homeschooling him for those two years? Blah, blah, blah You get the point here. I guess I'm just worrier!

And I leave you with these words of wisdom spoken by my son when I told him we had to miss Scouts because Science Night is on the same night:

"If you had let me pick I would have chosen Cub Scouts, because that seems more important."


"Why would you say that honey? Nothing's more important than school."

"Well, at Cub Scouts I actually learn new things."

Until next time ~




Comments

  1. You can always put a smile on my face !!! :) Thank you! I can't wait to see Halloween pictures. You have a pretty amazing kid on your hands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and I read them all. I'm not very good at replying to them though. It's one of my many downfalls. I hope you'll leave some anyway!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!