The Pink Elephant on My Blog

Or is it White Elephant? Anyway, I'm going to talk about the glaring (some say brave - some people say other things but I ignore them!) information at the top of my blog. Yes, the money.

I found my last blurb about how I was going to attempt to pay down the debt, and saw that I had chosen the 'snowball' method. HA! Anal Annie never sticks to one plan! It seemed that no matter how I crunched, munched, tossed, skinned, or filleted the numbers the one thing that was going to get paid off first no matter what is the truck. See where I'm going with this?

The truck is actually what I have been focusing on, even though I said otherwise! I guess good or bad I do usually stick to the plan I have formed in my head. It's that wonderful stubborn streak my husband loves soooo much! LOL After the truck is paid off I am implementing the avalanche method. So it makes sense on some level mathematically, which was my main problem with the whole snowball thing.

I've been 'snowflaking' the truck. Usually I don't send a set amount each month, just whatever I can bring to the table. I've also been 'snowflaking' the credit cards. I just cannot bring myself to make only the minimums on credit cards, which glares in the face of the "expert" advice.

Sometimes I think "OMG! I just want to get the stupid credit cards paid off. They are so dumb and I can't believe I got myself into this dumb ass situation." Then I spend a day crunching and munching the numbers again and come to the same conclusion I did months ago - truck first!

The information at the top has been reorganized to fit the payoff plan that I have set. Truck, then avalanche. We are making progress - we've paid a lot down since March and with some (OK, a lot) of effort our debts will keep diminishing. I've already taken one month off the truck payment and that's a great start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!