Not Quite the End of the Year

Wow! May and June have been busy for us. We are still trying to finish up 3rd grade - we are not quite there yet - only six more days!

We went camping with our dear friends. It was fun - until it started pouring rain! We (sadly) are still tent campers - so when it rains you are pretty much stuck in the tent doing a whole bunch of nothing! We broke camp a day early, but we still had fun while we could.

The first week of June was spent end of year testing Zach. I think everyone knows how I feel about those tests - if not you can read it here. I think he did pretty good. There were some items we hadn't quite covered yet (mostly division - but I knew that!) but for the most part it seemed like he did well. We are waiting for the scores. The last two years I have ordered the tests from Family Learning Organization because they offer the complete battery.

Usually we have trouble continuing after testing. I'm not going to teach him MORE Grade 3 stuff - ya know what I'm saying here? His report card is done and his transcripts are updated so we've been working on next years math and catching up on some Geography stuff before we start 4th. I think Zach wishes every school day could be as laid back as the ones we've been having lately! I am beginning to learn though....

Been working on the schedule for next year - we picked up two subjects for next year: Health and Spanish (I wanted Latin but that's another story altogether!). I'm not one to "lose" subjects when it's time to add more - school typically doesn't get easier as the years go by - at least it shouldn't. Anyhoo - since 9 subjects every day is way too much for even a high school student I've set the schedule so the most we do is 8 (still a lot, but hey! what can you do?) and least is 5. Sometimes I still think I might be overworking him. Who knows? I can't do less though, and I mean can't bring myself to do it.

OK, so I got off track - Zach's gymnastics expo was last weekend. He has improved a lot from last year! Is he ever going to be an Olympic gymnast? Nope. Is he having fun? Yep. That's all I'm gonna say about that!

I think that brings us up to date. Cub Scout day camp was cancelled this year, which stinks since he's a Webelos now and could really use the time to work on stuff that we can't do at home (archery; bb guns). It is what it is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!