I Should have waited a day

The day after I posted my latest rant on standardized testing we got Zach's results back. He scored at or above grade level on everything. I was super relieved! Erik thinks we should skip 4th and go straight to 5th. URG! I haven't even taught division yet - we can't skip fourth grade math! Not to mention his curriculum is bought for next year and yes, it's fourth grade! I'm not spending more money on something we don't need.

As if to prove my point about standardized tests - Zach scored grade level on spelling. This boy can't spell his way out of a paper bag. I love him but it is what it is. So, all that proves to me is he has the ability to guess accurately if something is spelled right. This is an accurate measurement of ability and aptitude?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!