Living on a budget

In January, for the first time in our married life, we started following a budget. Something we should have done years ago. I'm not saying it's been easy but we seem to be doing ok. Erik is having a little trouble with the whole 'allowance' thing - but he'll get the hang of it sooner or later!

So, this week I started packing Erik a lunch. With some simple math skills I figured it's a savings of about $30 a week. Over $100 a month - are you kidding me? He gets less than that for his allowance so this is a good thing. Of course, I haven't given him his allowance yet - I need to do that!

I think my point here is that it's not so bad living on a budget. I guess actually it's less of a budget and more of a "within our means" kind of thing. I love seeing the extra money at the end of the month to put on a bill. I love knowing that we will be able to pay cash for Christmas, Birthdays, and vacations. Erik needed a weed eater and we had the money. I can't remember the last time we actually had money in savings. It's all the little things that end up making it worth the belt tightening!

We have a long road ahead of us while we get out of the hole we've got ourselves into but so far we are doing really well!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!