It's 2010!!

At least it is in my little corner of the world! I wanted to post to my blog days ago, but I wasn't sure what to discuss. Do I talk about the past year in the world, country, state, or just my life? Then I decided on something else - the things I never thought would happen to me. But first I will say we had a very 'normal' year with a few very bright spots. Here they are:

1. My husband was only gone for about three months this year instead of the normal six, eight, or whatever.

2. We went on some fun trips - Myrtle Beach, DisneyWorld, and the awesome Thanksgiving Weekend Camping Trip in Rock Hill!

3. Finally, blessedly, we have settled on a homeschool curriculum. While it leaves me at odds when it comes to surfing the web it has greatly improved the whole homeschool experience. At least I still have the whole 4 or 5 day and year-round schedule to think about!!

4. I made one of the best friends I've had in a long time.

5. We finally belong to a Cub Scout pack that is awesome!

6. I became an aunt again in April and a great-aunt again in December!

There you go. The highlights of our year! Now, about the things I never thought would be going on in my life.

I never thought I'd be homeschooling. I mean I always wanted to, but I never thought hubby would agree AND that I'd be doing it well enough to make it past the first year. I don't see us stopping either.

I never expected that we would be planning on living in SC for the rest of our lives. I pictured us in a lot of different places - Spokane, Phoenix, Lansing, Chicago, or maybe even the Netherlands (that would be awesome!). For some reason South Carolina never entered my mind, but all in all, we like it here and I'm good with that. We've been here a few years and are enjoying our friends and all the little quirks that go with living here.

I'm surprised that I'm still on the hunt for a church. I thought for sure we would have found something and been settled in by now, but I just can't seem to get with the program. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I don't want to settle either.

There you go - a few tidbits to tie up 2009. I'm not big on making resolutions. Actually, I just don't make them at all but if I have to shoot for something this year I'm going to pick finally finding a church home. That seems like the biggest "I'm surprised" of all.

May the New Year bring you and your family peace, joy, and happiness!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!