So Random

The other day I was taking a bath.  I rarely take baths - I shower.  I find I usually don't have the time or patience to just lounge in the bathtub and do nothing.  It's just the way I am I guess, but I decided to give it shot anyway.  So, I filled my tub with bubbles (Vanilla), grabbed my book (Death by Chocolate), made myself a little pillow out of towel, and decided to relax away.  I didn't do any reading, but I did do a lot of thinking.  Random thoughts about life and stuff - you get the picture.

Random thought #1 - Grammatically speaking y'all is a contraction.  For those of you who don't use the word it's a combination of 'you' and 'all' and most people write it "ya'll".  I may not know a lot about grammar (which is why I rely heavily on my teachers manual during class!) but I do know contractions.  The apostrophe takes the place of dropped letters: did not becomes didn't, can not becomes can't - you get the picture here.  So please quit writing y'all as ya'll!  The 'ou' in you is dropped - put the dang apostrophe where it belongs!  For those of you who don't use this contraction as an every day word never mind.

Random thought #2 - Why is it so hard for people to understand that former Catholics need a church with structure?  We like to stand, sit, and sing at the appointed time whether we are attending our home church or church in another city.  Please don't ask us to try your Baptist, Assembly of God, or Non-Denominational Church.  I have nothing against those churches - except I feel all topsy-turvy and disjointed in them.  Instead, how 'bout you ask me to attend your Lutheran or Methodist Church.  I'd feel a heck of a lot more comfortable there.  Oh, and for the record - I've attended all the above churches with the exception of Methodist so I pretty much know how I feel about this subject.  My mom was Catholic and my dad Methodist and my son was baptized in Lutheran Church, so you're out of luck if you think you're teaching this old dog some new tricks.

Random thought #3 - A dear friend of mine recently stated that she was tired of people complaining and not having any solutions to offer up.  Honestly, I'm not 100% sure what she was referring to since she posted it on Facebook and didn't specify exactly what had pushed her over the edge.  But I understand the point she's trying to make, that was what I used to tell my young airmen when I was in the Air Force - bring me your complaint and a solution or don't bring me anything at all.  When I read her post my first thought was "Obama".  Here's my theory about the current President and all his big plans - crap.  Do I have a solution?  Naw, not really.  America spoke and we are stuck for the next four years (only four I hope).  This war is lost.  All I can do is keep fighting the small battles that mean a lot to me, like keeping my right to homeschool.  After all, this is America, we can't stage a military coup (after all the President is the Commander in Chief) and besides we wouldn't - it's just not how we roll.  All we can really do is keep track of our Congressmen, Senators, and President and make the changes we deem fit at the next election.  Or try - at least.  I understand the whole "change" attitude that got Obama elected.  This country did and does still need some decent changes and some change can be good.  The past is filled with great men who could speak well enough of change to sway entire countries (and other countries too!).  But change isn't always for the best - some changes can take away our very rights.  Be careful what you wish for is all I'm saying here.  Oh and the grass isn't always greener too!

And finally, random thought #4 - This Friday will mark the 8th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks.  I hope everyone will take the time to remember, reflect, pray to your higher power, and never, ever forget.  This country is still a target and we must never let our guard down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!