An enjoyable month

I must say this month has been pretty darn enjoyable.  We had our family vacation trip to DisneyWorld, which rocked of course.  My dad and nephew came down from MI to visit.  My nephew actually lives in MO, but he decided to stay with us for a month or so.  We enjoy having him around.

I believe we still have about 17 days left of school.  Yeah, are we ever going to finish?  It sometimes seems like we won't but I know we will.  We have to.  And of course there are the ever present niggling thoughts that maybe I haven't chosen the right curriculum path for next year.  I've decided I just have to let it go - I will make myself nuts if I don't.  We haven't completely finished our Memorial Day unit study, but we will finish the last couple days starting tomorrow then we are going to finish our Reduce, Reuse, Recycle project pack.  I'm testing CG the first week of June, so we can carry that into the testing days.  There is light at the end of the tunnel!  I've been putting together quite a few of the Take it to Your Seat centers from Evan-Moor.  I haven't quite decided how we are going to put them to use during the next school year, but I will figure something out.  I also need to decide how I'm going to utilize the "Complete Book of..." next year.  I bought American History, Science, and Map Skills/Geography.  Maybe work through a chapter in history and science, with the map skills thrown in randomly.  Once we actually finish this year I can sit down and sort all that out.

Everyone should take the time today to remember the men and women who have given their lives for our country.  We studied Nathan Hale last week.  How awesome was he?

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!