Stuff and Stuff

So, I have made my decision about belonging to two groups.  Since it's just really not possible I have opted to stay with the group here on base.  I really loved the Eastover group - but I had to add 45 minutes to an hour to everything we did and I was just losing too much time out of the school day.  So, there it is.  Decision made.

I have also decided to use Core 1 for the duration of 2nd and all of 3rd grade.  This does require some stretching and adding on my part - but I worked out the numbers and I think I can make it work.  If my math is faulty I will find out next year and then I can either slow it down some more or speed it back up.  For math, reading, language arts/handwriting, grammar, and spelling we are staying right on track.  Everyday for those subjects.  Then we will alternate history, geography, read-alouds, and science on a 2 day/week or 3 day/week schedule.  This will stretch out what I currently have to 62 weeks - which does leave me about 6 weeks short in third grade.  No problem I say!  We are going to study Thanksgiving all next week- so now we are only 5 weeks short!  When this works then we will start Core 2 for 4th grade and do one core a school year after that.  *whew*  There has been a lot of decision making going on around here lately!  And, as you can see, a lot more releasing of box checking!

Last week we went to a My Mad Platter a pottery painting place in Columbia.  At first I didn't think it would go over.  After all CG thinks art is a huge waste of time.  But he had a good time and painted a coffee mug for Grandpa for Christmas.  He even asked if we could go back!  So it went way better than I expected!  Sadly, not only did I have my regular camera but also my phone and neglected to use either to take a picture.  Some things I still need to work on!  

Except for the deep gum cleaning (OMG that is definitely another day!) all has been going well here in semi small town SC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!