Two Weeks Already?

OK, so it may not be a big deal to all the 'seasoned' homeschoolers out there - but we did finish our second week of homeschool.  This week went much less smoothly than the first.  CG was wondering why he had to do "so many" worksheets.  I didn't have a good answer.  So we are deviating from our "very much like school" approach next week.

For one week we are trying a unit study.  I found an awesome site called home school share (I will add it to the links).  Anyway they have free unit studies that other people (who are way more experienced and creative than I) have put together.  We are trying a literature based unit on "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs".  The unit (for those of you who don't know) will include everything except math (unfortunately still worksheets) and spelling.  So, hopefully CG will like this approach and actually be able to tell people what he's learned over the week (because, yes, they do ask - which is rude I think - I don't ask their kids what they learned in Public/Private school - but that's another day).

So, basically it boils down to a whole revamping of the home school.  MCP math is still in - and so is All About Spelling (the only subject CG wants to do every day!).  Will let you know how it goes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Phone Link Up

What's on My Phone Dec 21

It's Tuesday!!